25 July 2007

I hate my job.

I hate my job.

Okay, maybe I don't hate it. Hate is a strong word. I probably don't even care enough about it to hate it; and that's my problem.

I'm extremely apathetic about my job. It's not sooooo bad, but its not something I ever look forward too. I stick with the job because I'm working in the field I trained in and it pays okay. The problem is that's not enough motivation for me to wake up in the morning and suffer through the morning traffic in sweltering heat. I lie; I work like five minutes away from my parent's house...but nonetheless five minutes in hell. Every time I zoom past someone working in the heat, while I'm driving in my A/C'ed car, I feel like crap! They probably don't enjoy their job either, but you don't hear them complaining. My friends don't help either (that's why I'm reaching out to the cosmos, cosmos) because unlike many of my friends, I'm not really motivated by money. I'm provided free food and shelter (and car) courtesy of my parents (hi mommy, daddy! *wave* *scream TRL-style*) and I can live on very little money otherwise...most months anyway... So money doesn't really get me out of bed in the morning.

I want to do something I'm passionate about...if only I had a clue....

Oh well. (This post reeks of quarter-life crisis! Phewy!)

Anyway, so I'm left wondering how to approach looking for a job in Kuwait. Since I work somewhere pretty prestigious, or so it seems from people's reactions when I tell them where I work** people usually come back with, "weeh intay ma i3ajbich il 3ajab!" That could be true, but how about wanting more than decent hours and decent pay...I digress. And of course, there's always the "bes bacher laa tizawajtay...." excuse for sticking with my job. That phrase is usually my cue to start thinking about rainbows, ants, and lollipops.

Anyway, so I'm just gonna plow along...trying to find a better job...and ignoring stupid people.
If anyone has any clue about how to find a job...please don't be shy to share...




**(They act surprised...should I be insulted?!)

EDA: I quit my job sometime in August.

No comments: