08 December 2008
Things I love about Eid:
* little girls in fancy dresses
* boys in traditional ghutras and dishdashas
* awkward teenage boys fumbling with their ghutras
* the endless amounts of tea and coffee
* seeing my uncles and cousins sitting around together
* getting dressed up and taking pictures
* having 100+ people over for lunch
* the chaos of having so many people with children eating at once
* children running around
* when the men take all the boys to the mosque for prayer
* the smell of bukhoor
* the huge extravagant breakfast at 7 a.m.
* have i mentioned little boys in dishdashas already?
* waking up to takbeer in the morning
* last but not least, Eid prayer!