02 June 2009

I can't sleep.

My brain's moving so fast that I feel like I'd like to escape my body for a day just to get a little rest.

I guess I slept for less than 2 hours but I woke up feeling like I want to hit the treadmill just to mellow out. Quite literally, run away from myself. But it'll wake the whole house.

Funny thing is, nothing's really bothering me.

This restlessness has been pretty much a constant in my life.

The only way to describe it is feeling like your home is being burned down and you're calmly standing outside watching as it goes up in flames. My brain's reaction to everything is run! do something! try to salvage your life! pictures! parents! passports! now! now! now!

Imagine that feeling when you're trying to watch television or even worse trying to go to sleep. Nothing requires immediate attention, all tasks have been taken care of, but my body won't recognize that.

I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin. Fortunately, I get a miraculous sunrise view from my window.

No comments: